Long-Range Plan & Goals
In October 2016, the District 401 Board of Education approved a Long-Range Plan for the Elmwood Park Public Schools for 2016-20. This plan builds on the Board's earlier Long-Range Plan for 2012-16, a copy of which can be found here.
The Board's Long-Range Plan for 2016-20 covers three main areas:
► Curriculum / Instruction / Technology / Activities
► Facilities and Operations
► Finance and Human Resources
Curriculum / Instruction / Technology / Activities
- Continue alignment of instruction to the Common Core State Standards and Career/College Readiness Standards in order to meet and exceed the annual State academic performance averages in math, reading, language arts and science.
- Provide high quality, relevant professional development for educators based on the identified needs of the District, including technology learning tools.
- Assess and improve District infrastructure annually to handle growing technology needs.
- Complete a full 1-to-1 technology implementation in grades 7-12 and a cart-based saturation of devices in grades K-6 by 2020.
- Convert instructional materials acquisition from textbooks to electronic learning materials.
- Review and provide a variety of high-quality curricular and extra-curricular experiences for students.
- Study the feasibility of moving kindergarten back to the elementary buildings with the addition of a full-day program.
- Plan for the recruitment and hiring of a new Superintendent upon the departure of Dr. Anderson.
Facilities and Operations
- Plan for capital improvements, facility expansion and major upgrades as needed within a consistent cycle of maintenance and repair as identified by the District’s Life/Safety Plan.
- Develop a plan for the exterior landscaping beautification of District facilities.
- Collaborate consistently with the Village of Elmwood Park on facility usage for youth recreation groups, safety issues and issues of joint importance.
Finance and Human Resources
- Plan for the allocation of funds and debt service to complete curricular and facility improvements.
- Provide an annual balanced budget for District operations.
- Annually review and determine cost efficiencies related to personnel, programs, purchasing, maintenance and transportation.
- Provide accurate and effective financial and human resource services to all District employees and families.