Elm Middle School 8th-Grade Graduation
► WATCH LIVE: Click here for live streaming of the ceremony
► When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 23
► Where: Elm Middle School Gym
► What: Graduation of Elm's 8th-grade class
► Important Information for 8th-Grade Families:
- Each family will be given four tickets for the graduation ceremony.
- These tickets will be distributed May 23 once Elm has determined who will be promoted to 9th grade.
- Elm is unable to provide extra tickets for graduation.
- Every person, including children and babies, must have a ticket to be seated in the gymnasium.
- All financial obligations to District 401 must be paid before a student will receive graduation tickets.
- These financial obligations include school fees, field trip fees, library fines, all fees for lost or damaged books and other fees owed to the school.
- Students do not wear caps and gowns.
- Students should wear dress clothes for the ceremony; jeans and shorts are not allowed.
- Students will receive a ribbon that will be pinned on them for the ceremony.
- Students should not bring personal possessions with them (cell phone, purse, etc.) to the ceremony; there is no place to secure those items.
- Parking will be available in the Elm Middle School parking lot.
- Street parking is available on the east and west sides of 76th Avenue, 76th Court and the north and south sides of Cortland and Bloomingdale.
- Entrance doors open at 5:45 p.m.
- Students should report to the cafeteria by 6 p.m.
- The ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m.
- Balloons and flower bouquets will not be allowed in the gym — please leave these items in your car.
- Parent and guest seating will be on a first-come, first-seated basis in the gym.
- All guest seating will be in the bleachers and indicated sections of the gym floor.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, family members are requested to please remain seated until the graduates have left the gym.