Methods for Requesting Public Records
VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD PARK PUBLIC RECORDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE HERE: This page is for those who are seeking public records from Elmwood Park Community Unit School District 401. The District and its records are separate from the Village of Elmwood Park. For information about the Village of Elmwood Park's FOIA procedures, please visit this page.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A FOIA REQUEST FOR TRANSCRIPTS: See below. FOIA requests are not needed to obtain transcripts.
Pursuant to 5 ILCS 140/4b, portions of which require a public body to post on its website a brief description of the methods whereby the public may request information and public records, District 401 provides the following summary of such methods:
- A request for inspection and/or copies of District 401 public records must be made in writing.
- The request may be submitted by personal delivery, mail, telefax or email directed to the District's Freedom of Information officer.
- The District's Freedom of Information officer is Superintendent of Schools Dr. Leah Gauthier.
- FOIA requests should be sent to the following address:
- Individuals making a request are not required to state a reason for the request other than to identify when the request is for a commercial purpose or when requesting a fee waiver.
- Members of the public are not required to use a specific form when submitting a FOIA request.
- However, for the public's convenience District 401 has prepared a FOIA request form that may be downloaded and submitted for this purpose: District 401 Public Records Request Form.
- When writing your request, please provide as much information as possible about the records you seek. This will help expedite the search process.
- To request information that does not require the FOIA process, please see the Contact Us page located elsewhere on the District 401 website.
This Is NOT Where You Request EP Village Records
This page is for those who are seeking public records from Elmwood Park Community Unit School District 401. The District and its records are separate from the Village of Elmwood Park. Please DO NOT contact us for Village of Elmwood Park records.
For information about the Village of Elmwood Park's FOIA procedures, please visit this page.
FOIA Requests Are NOT NEEDED for EPHS Transcripts
For current students there is no charge for transcripts. For graduates or former students there is a $5 fee per request. Please allow three days for processing.