Students who attend Elm Middle School or Elmwood Park High School receive bus transportation if they meet certain geographic criteria:
- At Elm, bus service is provided for students who live north of the railroad tracks.
- At EPHS, bus service is provided for students living 1.5 miles or more from the school.
Students who have been identified as needing access to bus services will be given a color-coded ID card. Students are not permitted to ride a bus other than the bus to which they are assigned.
Bus transportation may also be provided to students who meet any of the other guidelines stipulated by the Board of Education in Section 4:110 of the District Policy Manual.
Pick-Up Times and Routes
Click the dropdown tabs below to see the 2023-24 pick-up times and routes.
District 401's Policy on Bus Conduct
Student behavior on school buses is governed the Board of Education's bus conduct policy contained in Section 7:220 of the District Policy Manual.
Under that policy, a student may be suspended from riding the school bus for up to 10 consecutive school days for engaging in gross disobedience or misconduct, including but not limited to, the following:
- Prohibited student conduct as defined in District Policy 7:190, "Student Behavior."
- Willful injury or threat of injury to a bus driver or to another rider.
- Willful and/or repeated defacement of the bus.
- Repeated use of profanity.
- Repeated willful disobedience of a directive from a bus driver or other supervisor.
- Such other behavior as the Superintendent or designee deems to threaten the safe operation of the bus and/or its occupants.
If a student is suspended from riding the bus for gross disobedience or misconduct on a bus, the Board of Education may suspend the student from riding the school bus for a period in excess of 10 days for safety reasons. District 401's regular suspension procedures shall be used to suspend a student's privilege to ride a school bus.
Electronic Recordings on School Buses
Electronic visual and audio recordings may be used on school buses to monitor conduct and to promote and maintain a safe environment for students and employees when transportation is provided for any school related activity. (See Section 7:220 of the District Policy Manual.)
Notice of electronic recordings shall be displayed on the exterior of the vehicle's entrance door and front interior bulkhead in compliance with Illinois state law and the rules of the Illinois Department of Transportation's Division of Traffic Safety.