Before & After School Extended Care
Are you concerned about finding high quality but affordable care for your child before and after school while you're at work?
Take Our BASEC Interest Survey
Please use the following link to tell us which BASEC option you would prefer for next year:
- Part-time before school only (one or two days a week) — $20 per week
- Part-time after school only (one or two days a week) — $40 per week
- Full-time before school (three or more days a week) — $35 per week
- Full-time after school (three or more days a week) $60 per week
- Full-time before and after school (three or more days a week) — $95 per week
Please note that this interest survey is to help us hire appropriate staff leading up to the first day of school for 2021-22. This does not mean your child is registered for BASEC.
School Enrollment Requirement
Your child must be enrolled as a 2021-22 District 401 student before registering for BASEC.
How to Sign Up for BASEC
BASEC registration information for 2021-22 will be available shortly. Check back soon!
What is BASEC?
We know how valuable extended child care is to working parents. In addition to providing a safe space for your children, BASEC offers an enriching environment.
BASEC is not a babysitting service but instead offers:
- Supervised activities
- Homework time
- Nutritious snack
- Arts and crafts
- Computers and games
- Safe, caring environment
BASEC is held mornings and afternoons at both of our elementary schools:
- Before school: 7 to 8:35 a.m.
- After school: 3 to 6 p.m.
Child Care Assistance Information
If you think your child qualifies for Illinois Action for Children assistance, please contact:
For More Information
Details about the 2021-22 BASEC program will be available soon.