Buildings & Grounds
Consistent with District Policy 4:150, the department ensures that all facilities and grounds are adequately maintained in order to provide an appropriate, safe and energy-efficient physical environment for learning and teaching.
Note to D401 faculty and staff: Do you want to place a maintenance work order or report a problem with any of the District's facilities or grounds? Please use SchoolDude.
Mr. Joseph Sierra is department director. A full listing of Buildings & Grounds personnel can be found in the following directories:
Buildings & Grounds personnel play an essential role in the daily and long-term operations of District 401. They handle a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Custodial services
- General maintenance and repair
- Grounds keeping and landscape care
- Shipment and delivery of intra-district mail
- Transportation of equipment, furniture and other essential items within and between District 401 buildings
- Management of energy use to ensure conservation and efficiency
- Management of environmental quality to protect the safety of students, staff and visitors and to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and laws
District 401's Policy on Facility Management
The department's maintenance and upkeep procedures are governed by District 401's policy on facility management, which can be found in Section 4:150 of the Board of Education's District Policy Manual.
For More Information
To learn more about Buildings & Grounds operations, we invite you to visit the pages listed in the section below, or click the links located on the left-hand side of this page.