District 401's "Virtual Backpack" is where you can find downloadable PDF flyers about District, school or community events, as well as other timely documents relevant to the D401 community.
For quick access to each of these three types of flyers, use the following links:
If you would like to submit a flyer, please scroll down or click this link:
District Flyers & Docs
Currently there are no flyers or other documents for Elmwood Elementary School.
Who Can Submit a Flyer?
As stated in Section 8:25 of the District 401 Board of Education's Policy Manual: "Community, educational, charitable, recreational, or similar groups may, under procedures established by the Superintendent, advertise events pertinent to students’ interests or involvement."
Under the District's policy governing the advertising and distribution of materials in schools, all advertisements must:
- Be student-oriented
- Prominently display the sponsoring organization's name
- Be approved in advance by the Superintendent or designee
The District reserves the right to decide where and when any advertisement or flyer is distributed, displayed or posted.
How to Submit a Flyer
All community flyers must be approved by the District 401 main office before being posted on this or any other District site.
To submit a flyer for consideration:
- Fax it to 708-452-9504 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address it "Attention: Flyer Approval"
- If emailing, please attach the flyer in PDF format
- If possible, submit the flyer for approval two weeks before the distribution date
- Indicate on the flyer that your event, activity or program is not school sponsored
District 401 Disclaimer
The distribution of information contained in a community flyer does not indicate directly or indirectly that the content of the material is sanctioned, sponsored or endorsed by the District, the Board or the Superintendent.
Further information about District 401's policy on flyers and advertising can be found in Section 8:25 of the Board of Education's Policy Manual.