Developing good study habits is a crucial part of achieving academic success. In the case of homework this means getting into the habit of completing assignments in a timely manner, free of last-minute stress.
When Elm Middle School teachers assign homework, they do so to provide students with the necessary practice to reinforce concepts that were introduced in class. We encourage families to set a routine for completing all homework.
To help with that, we offer an after-school Homework Club daily from 3:10 to 4 p.m.
How Homework Club Works
Students make use of Homework Club on an as-needed basis. To become part of the club, students simply report to the computer lab after school and sign in when they arrive.
Homework Club offers a quiet place where students can complete their work on their own or in small groups. National Junior Honor Society students are also available daily to help peer-tutor students if needed.
Students who frequently attend Homework Club see a higher rate of academic success. Just drop by, sign in and get to work!
Fast Facts About Homework Club
- When: Each day after school, 3:10 to 4 p.m.
- Where: Elm's computer lab
- What: Homework Club provides a quiet space for students to do their homework
- Who: Any Elm student who wants to do homework before leaving school
- Why: Get your work done early and improve your grades!