Elm Class of 2020 Graduation
ABOVE: Samantha Rodriguez and her family drive off at the conclusion of Elm Middle School's Class of 2020 graduation. The drive-in ceremony took place Saturday, June 13, at Elmwood Park High School. Best of luck, Elm graduates! (District 401 photo by Dave Porreca)
Congratulations to Elm Middle School's Class of 2020! Among all of your other trailblazing feats, you were the first Elm 8th graders to mark your graduation with a drive-in ceremony!
To see and download photos of individual Elm graduates, please visit these galleries:
In all, three ceremonies were held Saturday, June 13. A video consisting of footage from each of the ceremonies will be posted on the EPHS and District 401 websites as soon as the final video becomes available. In the meantime, full videos of the three ceremonies are available below.
Video of First Ceremony — 9 a.m., June 13, 2020
Video of Second Ceremony — 11 a.m., June 13, 2020
Video of Third Ceremony — 1 p.m., June 13, 2020
► AUDIO FOR ATTENDEES
- The audio portion of the Elm ceremony was broadcast on FM 88.1 so attendees could hear everything while in their cars.
- Last Names A through F — 9 a.m., June 13, 2020
- Last Names G through M — 11 a.m., June 13, 2020
- Last Names N through Z — 1 p.m., June 13, 2020
- All cars entered through the east entrance closest to the tennis courts and proceeded to the rear parking lot of Elmwood Park High School.
► DURING THE CEREMONY
- Each graduate was allowed one car into the ceremony.
- Students were asked to bring their diploma and graduation program given to them at pick-up/drop-off on Wednesday, May 27.
- The ceremony was livestreamed.
- Pre-recorded speeches were broadcast, and students had their names called to be recognized.
- When a student's name was called, the student walked on the stage and had their photo taken.
- All families were encouraged to decorate their cars. However, they were asked to refrain from using balloons so as not to obstruct the view of cars parked behind them.
- All cars exited through the west exit of the rear parking lot of EPHS.