Please note that incomplete grades must be made up by the end of the next grading period. Any incomplete grades not completed will become a grade of "F."
District 401's Policy on Grading
Procedures and practices in this area are governed by District 401's policy on grading and promotion, which can be found in Section 6:280 of the Board of Education's Policy Manual. The policy includes the following directives:
The Superintendent or designee shall establish a system of grading and reporting academic achievement to students and their parents/guardians. […]
Every teacher shall maintain an evaluation record for each student in the teacher's classroom. A District administrator cannot change the final grade assigned by the teacher without notifying the teacher. Reasons for changing a student's final grade include:
- A miscalculation of test scores,
- A technical error in assigning a particular grade or score,
- The teacher agrees to allow the student to do extra work that may impact the grade,
- An inappropriate grading system used to determine the grade, or
- An inappropriate grade based on an appropriate grading system.
Should a grade change be made, the administrator making the change must sign the changed record.
A searchable online version of the Board of Education's Policy Manual can be found here.