Enrollment for New/Transfer Students
All District 401 students, whether new or returning, must enroll in the District each school year. The enrollment process is also known as "registration."
This process is done entirely online via PowerSchool. It involves:
- Proof of residency
- Payment of school fees
- Submission of consent forms
A student is a "new student" if he or she did not attend a District 401 school the previous school year. For the purposes of 2022-23 enrollment, this means a student is considered "new" if he or she was not enrolled as a District 401 student during 2021-22.
New Student Registration for 2022-23
NOTE: You may also access the document located below by clicking this link.
Fees for 2022-23
All school fees will be paid via MySchoolBucks. The 2022-23 school fees will be:
- Pre-Kindergarten (monthly payments available) — $3,000
- Pre-Kindergarten (special ed) — $0
- Kindergarten Half Day — $170
- Kindergarten Full Day thru 8th Grade — $200
- 9th-12th Grade — $350
- EPHS Senior Graduation Fee — $60
- EPHS Advance Placement Fee — $96 each AP class
- EPHS Soph Behind-the-Wheel Driver's Ed Fee — $275
All fee payments are due by Sept. 1, 2022, except for pre-K monthly installments. Payments for students who enroll in the District after Aug. 31 will be due 30 days after enrollment.
As mentioned above, registering for 2022-23 will be done entirely online. All necessary forms will be found in PowerSchool.
The below forms are for your reference to help you prepare for the online registration process. The required forms are submitted only online during the PowerSchool registration process.
These forms are listed here to help you prepare and gather necessary information for the registration process as a new student:
- District Medical Checklist
This is for your reference.
- District Student Medical Form
This form is required to upload during online registration.
- Landlord Lieu of Lease Proof of Residency
This form may be required under certain circumstances during the online registration.
- New Student Registration Checklist
This is for your reference only and not required to be submitted.
- Proof of Residency Checklist
You will need to provide these items during the online registration.
If You Are Homeless
Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted to District 401, even if the child or child's parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency.
Definition of "New Student"
As mentioned above, a student is a "new student" if he or she did not attend a District 401 school the previous school year. For the purposes of 2022-23 enrollment, this means a student is considered "new" if he or she was not enrolled as a District 401 student during 2021-22.
If your student did attend a District 401 school in 2021-22, including John Mills for preschool or one of our alternative schools, please see our Returning Students page.
If you attend elementary or middle school in District 401, your contact person for questions about registration will be your building secretary. If you attend high school, your contact person will be the deans' secretary.
Use this list for determining your home school:
- John Mills Elementary School
- Home school for students in grades K-5 who live north of the railroad tracks and for all preschool students
- Contact: Denise Wurtz | email@example.com | 708-452-3560
- Elmwood Elementary School
- Home school for students in grades K-5 who live south of the railroad tracks
- Contact: Felicia Mirabile | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-452-3558
- Elm Middle School School
- Home school for all students in grades 6-8
- Contact: Maria Vargas | email@example.com | 708-452-3550
- Elmwood Park High School
- Home school for all students in grades 9-12
- Contact: Joanna Acosta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-583-6215