Enrollment for Returning Students
All District 401 students, whether new or returning, must enroll in the District each school year. The enrollment process is also known as "registration." This process involves:
- Proof of residency
- Payment of school fees
- Submission of consent forms
A student is a "returning student" if he or she did attend a District 401 school during the previous school year. For the purposes of 2022-23 enrollment, a student is considered "returning" if he or she was enrolled as a District 401 student during 2021-22.
Returning Student Registration for 2022-23
The registration process for 2022-23 will be done entirely online via PowerSchool. Please use the following link for instructions:
All returning students must enroll again if they want to attend a District school in 2022-23.
Fees for 2022-23
All school fees will be paid via MySchoolBucks. The 2022-23 school fees will be:
- Pre-Kindergarten (monthly payments available) — $3,000
- Pre-Kindergarten (special ed) — $0
- Kindergarten Half Day — $170
- Kindergarten Full Day thru 8th Grade — $200
- 9th-12th Grade — $350
- EPHS Senior Graduation Fee — $60
- EPHS Advance Placement Fee — $96 each AP class
- EPHS Soph Behind-the-Wheel Driver's Ed Fee — $275
If You Are Homeless
Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted to District 401, even if the child or child's parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency.
Definition of "Returning Student"
As mentioned above, a student is a "returning student" if he or she did attend a District 401 school during the previous school year, including John Mills for preschool or one of our alternative schools.
For the purposes of 2022-23 enrollment, this means a student is considered "returning" if he or she was enrolled as a District 401 student during 2021-22. All returning students must enroll again if they want to attend a District school in 2022-23.
If your student did not attend a District 401 school in 2021-22, please see the New/Transfer Students page.
For More Information
If you attend elementary or middle school in District 401, your contact person for questions about registration will be your building secretary. If you attend high school, your contact person will be the deans' secretary.
- John Mills Elementary School
- John Mills is the home school for students in grades K-5 who live north of the railroad tracks and for all preschool students
- Contact: Denise Wurtz | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-452-3560
- Elmwood Elementary School
- Elmwood is the home school for students in grades K-5 who live south of the railroad tracks
- Contact: Felicia Mirabile | email@example.com | 708-452-3558
- Elm Middle School School
- Elm is the home school for all students in grades 6-8
- Contact: Maria Vargas | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-452-3550
- Elmwood Park High School
- EPHS is the home school for all students in grades 9-12
- Contact: Joanna Acosta | email@example.com | 708-583-6215