Returning Students (2023-24)
Parents and guardians of returning students: Please follow the steps listed below to enroll your student(s) in Elmwood Park Community Unit School District 401 for the 2023-24 school year. A direct link to this information is available here.
Please note that the first day of classes for 2023-24 will be Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2023.
Fees for 2023-24
All school fees will be paid via MySchoolBucks. The 2023-24 school fees will be:
- Pre-Kindergarten (monthly payments available) — $3,000
- Pre-Kindergarten (special ed) — $0
- Kindergarten Half Day — $170
- Kindergarten Full Day thru 8th Grade — $200
- 9th-12th Grade — $350
- EPHS Senior Graduation Fee — $60
- EPHS Advance Placement Fee — $96 each AP class
- EPHS Soph Behind-the-Wheel Driver's Ed Fee — $275
All fee payments are due by Sept. 1, 2023, except for pre-K monthly installments. Pre-K tuition cannot be waived. Payments for students who enroll in the District after Aug. 31 will be due 30 days after enrollment.
The forms located below are for your reference:
- 2023-24 Proof of Residency Form
This form includes a listing of documents that can be used to prove residency.
- 2023-24 Letter of Residence from Landlord in Lieu of Lease
This form may be used as evidence of residency when a signed lease is unavailable.
- 2023-24 School Entrance Health Letter
This letter summarizes student medical requirements in English, Polish, Spanish and Ukrainian.
- 2023-24 Child Health Exam Form
This form must be submitted by all new students and returning students in preschool, K, 6th and 9th grades.
If You Are Homeless
Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted to District 401, even if the child or child's parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency.
District 401's liaison for homeless children is Ms. Stephanie Daly, Director for Student Services. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Definition of "Returning Student"
A student is a "returning student" if he or she did attend a District 401 school during the previous school year, including John Mills for preschool or one of our alternative schools.
For the purposes of 2023-24 enrollment, this means a student is considered "returning" if he or she was enrolled as a District 401 student during 2022-23. All returning students must enroll again if they want to attend a District school in 2023-24.
If your student did not attend a District 401 school in 2022-23, please see the New/Transfer Students 2023-24 page.
For More Information
If you attend elementary or middle school in District 401, your contact person for questions about registration will be your building secretary. If you attend high school, your contact person will be the deans' secretary.
- John Mills Elementary School
- John Mills is the home school for students in grades K-5 who live north of the railroad tracks and for all preschool students
- Contact: Denise Wurtz | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-583-6287
- Preschool Clerk: Leslie Laureano | email@example.com | 708-583-6285
- School Nurse: 708-583-6278
- Elmwood Elementary School
- Elmwood is the home school for students in grades K-5 who live south of the railroad tracks
- Contact: Felicia Mirabile | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-583-6250
- School Nurse: Barb Jerzyk | email@example.com | 708-583-6255
- Elm Middle School School
- Elm is the home school for all students in grades 6-8
- Contact: Maria Vargas | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-583-6226
- School Nurse: Dinora Spishakoff | email@example.com | 708-583-6235
- Elmwood Park High School
- EPHS is the home school for all students in grades 9-12
- Contact: Joanna Acosta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 708-583-6215
- School Nurse: Valerie Leisnig | email@example.com | 708-583-6206
Enrollment is governed by Section 7:50 of the Board of Education's District Policy Manual.