Returning Students (2023-24)

Parents and guardians of returning students: Please follow the steps listed below to enroll your student(s) in Elmwood Park Community Unit School District 401 for the 2023-24 school year. A direct link to this information is available here.

Please note that the first day of classes for 2023-24 will be Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2023.

Fees for 2023-24

All school fees will be paid via MySchoolBucks. The 2023-24 school fees will be:

  • Pre-Kindergarten (monthly payments available) — $3,000
  • Pre-Kindergarten (special ed) — $0
  • Kindergarten Half Day — $170
  • Kindergarten Full Day thru 8th Grade — $200
  • 9th-12th Grade — $350
  • EPHS Senior Graduation Fee — $60
  • EPHS Advance Placement Fee — $96 each AP class
  • EPHS Soph Behind-the-Wheel Driver's Ed Fee — $275

All fee payments are due by Sept. 1, 2023, except for pre-K monthly installments. Pre-K tuition cannot be waived. Payments for students who enroll in the District after Aug. 31 will be due 30 days after enrollment.


The forms located below are for your reference:

If You Are Homeless

Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted to District 401, even if the child or child's parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency.

District 401's liaison for homeless children is Ms. Stephanie Daly, Director for Student Services. She can be reached at

Definition of "Returning Student"

A student is a "returning student" if he or she did attend a District 401 school during the previous school year, including John Mills for preschool or one of our alternative schools.

For the purposes of 2023-24 enrollment, this means a student is considered "returning" if he or she was enrolled as a District 401 student during 2022-23. All returning students must enroll again if they want to attend a District school in 2023-24.

If your student did not attend a District 401 school in 2022-23, please see the New/Transfer Students 2023-24 page.

For More Information

If you attend elementary or middle school in District 401, your contact person for questions about registration will be your building secretary. If you attend high school, your contact person will be the deans' secretary.

Enrollment is governed by Section 7:50 of the Board of Education's District Policy Manual.