PLEASE NOTE: The information on this page concerns the current school year (2022-23). Information about enrollment and fees for next year (2023-24) will be posted soon.
Enrollment in District 401 requires the payment of school fees. The amount for each school is set by the District 401 Board of Education.
All school fees will be paid via MySchoolBucks. The 2022-23 school fees will be:
- Pre-Kindergarten (monthly payments available) — $3,000
- Pre-Kindergarten (special ed) — $0
- Kindergarten Half Day — $170
- Kindergarten Full Day thru 8th Grade — $200
- 9th-12th Grade — $350
- EPHS Senior Graduation Fee — $60
- EPHS Advance Placement Fee — $96 each AP class
- EPHS Soph Behind-the-Wheel Driver's Ed Fee — $275
All fee payments are due by Sept. 1, 2022, except for pre-K monthly installments. Payments for students who enroll in the District after Aug. 31 will be due 30 days after enrollment.
Families are expected to pay their fees unless a fee waiver is obtained. Please note that pre-kindergarten tuition cannot be waived.
A $30 fee and loss of check-writing privileges will be assessed for all returned checks.
More Information About 2022-23 Fees
For additional details about District 401 school fees, please click the rows below.
The District 401 Webstore has been shut down. We have moved our payment system to MySchoolBucks School Store.
WHAT IS MYSCHOOLBUCKS?
MySchoolBucks is the system we use for lunch payments.
With the MySchoolBucks School Store, you will be able to pay all school, lunch and BASEC invoices at the same time.
You can get to MySchoolBucks from your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
Visit our online MySchoolBucks School Store! Create your free account today to easily pay for your student's fees online or on-the-go with the mobile app.
With MySchoolBucks you’ll be able to quickly browse school items, be notified when fees are due, and make payments from anywhere!
GET STARTED TODAY
- Go to myschoolbucks.com or download the mobile app.
- Create your free account and add your students using their school name/student ID.
- Add school items or invoices to your cart.
- Check out using your credit / debit card or electronic check.
You may be eligible for a fee waiver depending on your household income. See our School Fees Waiver page for information about eligibility requirements and forms.
Your eligibility for a fee waiver is generally determined by the same income guidelines used to determine eligibility for the federal free meals program.
So in addition to being eligible for fee waivers, your student(s) may be eligible for free school meals depending on your household income. See our Free and Reduced-Price Meals page for additional information about the meals program.
If a student leaves D401 after paying all required fees, the following refund policy applies:
- 75 percent refund if the student leaves by the end of the first week of school
- 50 percent refund if the student leaves by the end of the second week
- 25 percent refund if the student leaves by the end of the third week
- Zero refund if the student leaves after the end of the third week
For more information, visit our School Fees and School Fees FAQ pages.