School Fees FAQ
This page contains some of the most frequently asked questions about school fees for District 401 students and the payment of those fees. To see the answer to a particular question, click any portion of the row containing that question.
School fees for the 2021-22 school year have been set as follows:
- Pre-Kindergarten: $3,000 (monthly payments available)
- Pre-Kindergarten (special ed): $50
- Kindergarten Half Day: $170
- Kindergarten Full Day-Grade 8 (John Mills, Elmwood, Elm): $200
- Elmwood Park High School: $350
- Co-op/Alternative School: $50
Other fees for the 2021-22 school year include but are not limited to the following:
- EPHS Senior Graduation Fee: $60
This is NOT eligible to be waived; the fee is preloaded to your student's webstore account.
- EPHS Advanced Placement Test Fee: $85 each
This is only for students enrolled in Advanced Placement classes; fees are loaded to student accounts over winter break.
- Driver's Education Fee: $275
This is for sophomore Behind-the-Wheel instruction.
Families are expected to pay their fees unless a fee waiver is obtained. Please note, however, that preschool tuition ($3,000) cannot be waived.
A $30 fee will be assessed for all returned checks.
You may be eligible for a fee waiver.
The District 401 Board of Education sets the fees based on the advice of the District administration.
You can pay by mail with a check or money order, or you can pay online with a credit or debit card via the District's webstore. (In the case of returning students, school fees have been preloaded to their webstore accounts.)
With either method you can pay by installments as long as your total amount is received by the final due date.
School fees along with other monies due to the school (lost books, book fines, etc.) typically must be paid in full by early in the fall.
For the 2021-22 school year, the due date for students in grades K-12 to make full payment was Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2021.
Preschool tuition cannot be waived, but the amount can be paid in 10 monthly installments of $300, due on the first of each month.
New students in grades K-12 who enter District 401 after the due date will have 30 days to pay all fees after they have enrolled in the District (unless they are eligible for fee waivers). Preschool tuition cannot be waived, but the amount can be paid in monthly installments, due on the first of each month.
It depends. The amount of refund — if any — that you receive will be determined by when you leave District 401.
If a student leaves D401 after paying all required fees, the following refund policy applies:
- 75 percent refund if the student leaves by the end of the first week of school
- 50 percent refund if the student leaves by the end of the second week
- 25 percent refund if the student leaves by the end of the third week
- Zero refund if the student leaves after the end of the third week