The Band Boosters is a parent organization whose purpose is to help promote and support the band programs within District 401 schools.
The group provides assistance to student bands at all levels in the District, from elementary to high school. Membership is $10 per person. To join, please use this form:
Meetings are held every fourth Monday of the month, August through May, at 6:30 p.m. in the Elmwood Park High School band room. All parents are welcome to attend and participate.
How Band Booster Parents Help
Some of our annual Band Booster activities include organizing bake sales and providing refreshments at winter and spring band concerts at all levels and at the All-District Band Festival.
We also organize pizza parties for students at Pep Band Night at Elm and EPHS.
In addition, we oversee fundraisers to provide funds for equipment and other resources, and we chaperone band competitions and handle uniform distribution at EPHS.
For More Information
If you have questions or would like to receive updates on Band Booster news, please email EPHS Band Director Mr. Kyle Rhoades.
District 401's Policy on Booster Clubs
The activities and procedures of Band Boosters are governed by District 401's policy concerning parent organizations and booster clubs, which can be found in Section 8:90 of the Board of Education's Policy Manual.
While booster clubs have no administrative authority and cannot determine District 401 policy, the Board of Education welcomes their suggestions and assistance.
Use of District and School Names and Logos
As stated in Section 8:90, parent organizations and booster clubs are recognized by the Board and permitted to use the District's name, a District school's name, a District school's team name or any logo attributable to the District provided they first receive the Superintendent or designee's express written consent.
Consent to use one of the above-mentioned names or logos will generally be granted if the organization or club has bylaws containing the following:
- The organization's or club's name and purpose, such as to enhance students' educational experiences, to help meet educational needs of students, to provide extra athletic benefits to students, to assist specific sports teams or academic clubs through financial support, or to enrich extracurricular activities.
- The rules and procedures under which it operates.
- An agreement to adhere to all Board policies and administrative procedures.
- A statement that membership is open and unrestricted, meaning that membership is open to parents/guardians of students enrolled in the school, District 401 staff and community members.
- A statement that District 401 is not, and will not be, responsible for the organization's or club's business or the conduct of its members.
- An agreement to maintain and protect its own finances.
- A recognition that money given to a school cannot be earmarked for any particular expense. Booster clubs may make recommendations, but cash or other valuable consideration must be given to District 401 to use at its discretion. The Board's legal obligation to comply with Title IX by providing equal athletic opportunity for members of both genders will supersede an organization or club's recommendation.
Permission to use one of the above-mentioned names or logos may be rescinded at any time and does not constitute permission to act as District 401's representative. At no time does the District accept responsibility for the actions of any parent organization or booster club regardless of whether it was recognized and/or permitted to use any of the above-mentioned names or logos.