Enrollment & Fees
Information is now available about 2022-23 student registration. The process will be done entirely online via PowerSchool. Please visit these links for instructions:
- 2022-23 Kindergarten Registration
- 2022-23 New Student Registration Grades PreK, 1-12
- 2022-23 Returning Student Registration
All District 401 students, whether new or returning, must enroll in the District each school year. The enrollment process is also known as "registration." This process involves:
- Proof of residency
- Payment of school fees
- Submission of consent forms
As mentioned above, registering for 2022-23 will be done entirely online. All necessary forms will be found in PowerSchool. All school fees will be paid online as well, using the MySchoolBucks payment system.
Definitions of "New Student" & "Returning Student"
A student is a "new student" if he or she did not attend a District 401 school the previous school year. For the purposes of 2022-23 enrollment, this means a student is considered "new" if he or she was not enrolled as a District 401 student during 2021-22.
A student is a "returning student" if he or she did attend a District 401 school during the previous school year. For the purposes of 2022-23 enrollment, a student is considered "returning" if he or she was enrolled as a District 401 student during 2021-22.
If You Are Homeless
Any homeless child shall be immediately admitted to District 401, even if the child or child's parent/guardian is unable to produce records normally required to establish residency.
Fees for 2022-23
All school fees will be paid via MySchoolBucks. The 2022-23 school fees will be:
- PreKindergarten (monthly payments available) — $3,000
- PreKindergarten (special ed) — $0
- Kindergarten Half Day — $170
- Kindergarten Full Day — $200
- 9th-12th Grade — $350
- EPHS Senior Graduation Fee — $60
- EPHS Advance Placement Fee — $96 each AP class
- EPHS Soph Behind-the-Wheel Driver's Ed Fee — $275
Families are expected to pay their fees unless a fee waiver is obtained. Please note that preschool tuition cannot be waived, although monthly payments can be made.
A $30 fee and loss of check-writing privileges will be assessed for all returned checks.
Additional Pages About Enrollment & Fees
We invite you to learn more about our enrollment procedures and school fees by visiting the remainder of the D401 home site's "Enrollment & Fees" pages, including:
- Enrollment FAQ
- Enrollment for Kindergarten Students
- Enrollment for New/Transfer Students
- Enrollment for Returning Students
- Enrollment If Homeless
- Free & Reduced-Price Meals
- Residency Verification
- School Fees
- School Fees FAQ
- School Fees Waiver