EPHS Class of 2020 Graduation
ABOVE: Marisol Carrillo and her family drive off at the conclusion of Elmwood Park High School's Class of 2020 graduation. The drive-in ceremony took place during three sessions at the school on Sunday, June 14. Best of luck, EPHS graduates! (District 401 photo by Dave Porreca)
Congratulations to Elmwood Park High School's Class of 2020! Among all of your other feats as trailblazers, you were the first EPHS class to mark your graduation with a drive-in ceremony!
To see and download photos of individual Elm graduates, please visit these galleries:
► Photo Gallery: Elmwood Park High School Graduation Ceremony (9 a.m.)
► Photo Gallery: Elmwood Park High School Graduation Ceremony (11 a.m.)
► Photo Gallery: Elmwood Park High School Graduation Ceremony (1 p.m.)
In all, three ceremonies were held Sunday, June 14. Full videos of each are available below.
Video of First Ceremony — 9 a.m., June 14, 2020
Video of Second Ceremony — 11 a.m., June 14, 2020
Video of Third Ceremony — 1 p.m., June 14, 2020
► AUDIO FOR ATTENDEES
- The audio portion of the EPHS ceremony was broadcast on FM 88.1 so attendees could hear everything while in their cars.
- Last Names: A through G — 9 a.m., June 14, 2020
- Last Names: H through Perez — 11 a.m., June 14, 2020
- Last Names: Perf through Z — 1 p.m., June 14, 2020
- Vehicles entered the south lot at the east entrance (near tennis courts) 30 minutes prior to ceremony’s start time.
- Vehicle decorations were allowed, provided they did not restrict visibility for other vehicles.
► DURING THE CEREMONY
- Each graduate was allowed one vehicle for the ceremony.
- Each graduate was asked to bring their diploma cover and come dressed in their cap, gown and with any awards.
- Each vehicle received a graduation program and an assigned parking spot upon entrance.
- The graduation ceremony began at the time listed above.
- No family members were allowed to leave their vehicle.
- Graduates left their vehicles only when their name was called.
- During the part of the ceremony when the graduate's name was called, they walked up to the stage near Door 19 with their diploma cover, cap and gown to take a photo on stage.
- The graduate then returned to their vehicle.
- The ceremony was livestreamed.
- Once the last graduate's name was called and the ceremony concluded, vehicles exited the south lot at the west exit (near the baseball field).
- After the parking lot was cleared, the next group of graduates entered and preparations for the next ceremony began.