NOTE: Principal Frank Kuzniewski and Assistant Principal Alexandra Oreluk sent the following letter to John Mills School parents on May 14, 2020. To translate this into a language of your choice, go to the top right corner of this page where the Google Translate button ("Select Language") is located, and choose from the menu of available languages. Links to all of District 401's COVID-19 communications can be found at our Update Center.
To: John Mills Parents and/or Guardians
Re: Supply Pick-Up & Drop-Off
Thank you for your patience while we worked to develop a safe plan to pick up and/or return items to John Mills School. Our plan for next week is outlined below.
► Wednesday, May 20
- 1st-grade families — 10 to 11:30 a.m.
No drop off between 11:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
- 2nd-grade families — 12:15 to 1:30 p.m.
- 3rd-grade families — 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- 4th-grade families — 3 to 4:30 p.m.
- 5th-grade families — 4:30 to 6 p.m.
No drop off between 6 and 6:30 p.m.
- 6th-grade families — 6:30 to 8 p.m.
► Friday, May 22
- Any families unable to pick up during their scheduled time — 8 a.m. to noon
Please follow these guidelines:
- We ask that parents arrive by car, with windows and doors remaining closed throughout the process. If you are unable to drive, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Please use the bus lane on George Street to line up for pick-up. We want one-way traffic flow, so please line up heading eastbound towards Harlem.
- We ask you to provide the following information on a piece of paper to one of our staff members: student's first and last name, homeroom teacher, grade level, locker number (if applicable).
- When you arrive in the pick-up lane, please open the trunk of your car.
- School personnel will put your child's bag of belongings into your trunk. Please be cautious as you exit the drop-off lane.
- If you have items that need to be returned to school, please put them in your trunk. They should be labeled "Return to School." These items will be removed from your trunk.
- Return-to-school Items:
- Library books
- Chromebook, Chromebook case, charger, stylus (if departing District 401)
If You Have Questions
Again, we thank you for your patience during this process. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you at the End-of-the-Year Celebration on Thursday, May 21, from 11 a.m. to noon.
With Trojan Pride,
Mr. Frank Kuzniewski, Principal
Ms. Alexandra Oreluk, Assistant Principal