NOTE: John Mills Elementary School Principal Mr. Frank Kuzniewski sent the following letter to John Mills families on Nov. 20, 2020. To translate the letter into a language of your choice, go to the top right corner of this page where the Google Translate button ("Select Language") is located, and choose from the menu of available languages.
Dear John Mills Parents and Guardians,
This plan includes the decision to push back the start of our Step 3 hybrid learning to Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021, and our Step 4 hybrid learning to Monday, Jan. 25, 2021, due to the substantial increase of COVID-19 cases.
To learn more about the school metrics set forth by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), please visit our COVID-19 Dashboard page on our website for regular updates:
As a result, please note the following:
- Students' schedules and/or teachers will remain the same until we move into our hybrid model, where we may need to make changes. If any changes occur, you will be notified.
- We will share the schedule(s) of your student(s) on Jan. 11, 2021, and the schedule will reflect the learning of either hybrid or remote, whichever you have chosen for your student(s).
The tentative schedules for remote and hybrid learning are here for your reference based on the parent survey results obtained in early November:
- All synchronous instruction will take place remotely starting at approximately 12:20 p.m. This will be two hours and 35 minutes of live instruction (synchronous) from 12:20 to 3 p.m.
- Students will complete asynchronous learning activities in the morning. The plan is to have some support available to students during this time. The asynchronous times will be for two hours and 30 minutes, from 8:15 to 10:45 a.m.
- Students will attend school in the morning for two hours and 35 minutes, from 8:15 to 10:50 a.m.
- Students will then have asynchronous instruction in the afternoon for two hours and 30 minutes from 12:20 to 2:50 p.m.
On behalf of the entire John Mills School Family, I wish you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving.
Be well and take care of yourselves and each other.
With Trojan Pride,
Mr. Frank Kuzniewski
John Mills Elementary School