Congratulations to District 401’s honorees in this year's ISBE Those Who Excel Awards!
The Illinois State Board of Education created the Those Who Excel program to honor educators who have made significant contributions to Illinois schools.
Applications are submitted and a team reviews them to determine awardees. Below you will find the awardees from our District for the 2022-23 school year.
All of our schools are represented, a true testament to the excellence of the faculty and staff throughout District 401!
Congratulations again to the recipients! We are proud of you and your continued dedication to the students, staff and families of District 401!
- Kendal Ahlmann | EPHS ELA Teacher | Award of Meritorious Service
- Iwona Ciezkowska | John Mills EL Teacher | Award of Meritorious Service
- Charles Curtin | Elm SPED Teacher | Award of Meritorious Service
- Diane Daniels | Elmwood 3rd Grade Teacher | Award of Special Recognition
EARLY CAREER EDUCATOR CATEGORY
- Vincent Fiore | John Mills Kindergarten Teacher | Award of Meritorious Service
- District Instructional Coaches | Award of Meritorious Service
Team Members: Jamie Kanas, Vanessa Woof, Dominique Byrnes, Paul Uhler
- Elm Middle School Student Services Team | Award of Special Recognition
Team Members: Katie Blunier, Anne Douglas, Patti Faldani, Marissa Garay, Michael Goodman, Ashley Groeneveld, David Parolin, Kara Riley, Allison Trybula, Michaela Vasey
- John Mills Elementary School PTA | Award of Meritorious Service